Friday, October 19, 2012

GAME ON....SUPPORT CKCU-FM...



I've been at CKCU-FM now since 1985! 27 years...hard to believe how time flies! During these years I hosted "No Future Now", "New Revolutions", "Countdown", "Meltdown", several general music slots and for the past 24 years "Friday Morning Cartunes".

Every Friday morning from 9:30 AM - 1:00 PM at https://www.ckcufm.com/

I have done my best to bring you the listener the very best and most eclectic blend of ear candy created in our universe. It has always been my intention to provide you with a blissful escape from the daily grind once a week and to enlighten and engage with "more music and less talk". My unrelenting lifelong quest and desire for personal enrichment through music and its creative language is something I look forward to sharing with you every week!

To make a long story short, Our annual funding drive starts this Friday morning and for the next 2 weeks, (3 x Friday Morning Cartunes") CKCU needs your financial support! Last year, you the listener, collectively pledged over $ 6000. to my program and in turn, to the mother ship! Now we need your support once again. Please consider CKCU-FM if there's any extra coin in the pot this year and rest assured, I pledge to give you another great year of "high musical standards" radio! Don't let another bastion of cultural importance go down the toilet in these chaotic and troubled times. It would be weird I think for us all if we couldn't continue to share our time every Friday morning. I look forward to thanking you personally over the coming weeks......Dial and donate! Phone 613-520-3920 toll free at 1-800-520-3920 or online at https://www.ckcufm.com/secure/pledge/

Thanks in advance…John

No comments: